Chicken Wings in a Coca Cola Glaze/ Coke’d Wings
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 lbs chicken wings, wings and drummettes separated
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsps canola oil
- 3/4 cup Coca-Cola (original and absolutely not the diet kind!)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, marinate the chicken wings in half of the soy sauce. Coat the wings well and leave aside to marinate for about 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a wok or large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken wings until they are golden brown on each side but not cooked through, about 3 minutes each side. Pour in the other half of the soy sauce, the sherry, and the Coke and bring the liquid to a simmer. Cook the wings uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes, until the liquid is reduced to a glaze, and making sure the chicken doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Season the chicken with black pepper. Transfer the wings to a plate, garnish with scallions, and serve hot!
Hello! I am a 'desi' girl, a spiritual being, an adventurer, a sugar addict, an ardent art lover, an aspiring fashion designer, a worrier for perfection, an audiophile, a movie ...Read more about this chef..
Like Us on Facebook!
An easy dish with prawns, guaranteed to hit all the...
Delicious, stovetop, saucy chicken wings! Now that's finger-lickin' good!