Kale and Coconut Stir-Fry/ Kale Thoran
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 bunch kale, cleaned and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- half a pod garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cloves pearl onions or half big red onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, slit lengthwise
- 3 – 4 curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 – 3 tsp oil
- a pinch cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 dry red chilies
- salt to taste
- Over medium high heat, heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan (raw kale takes a lot of space in the pan before it wilts).
- Splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Fry dry red chilies.
- Add the onion. Stir fry till color begins to change. Add the curry leaves, garlic and green chilies. Stir fry for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add the grated coconut. Stir fry till color of the coconut begins to change to a very light brown, making sure the mixture does not burn. Add the turmeric powder and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped kale. Mix everything well. Stir fry till the kale wilts.
- Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons of water and cook covered for about 8 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring in between.
- Open and stir fry for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Serve with boiled rice and enjoy!
Hello! I am a 'desi' girl, a spiritual being, an adventurer, a sugar addict, an ardent art lover, an aspiring fashion designer, a worrier for perfection, an audiophile, a movie ...Read more about this chef..
Like Us on Facebook!
An easy dish with prawns, guaranteed to hit all the...
Delicious, stovetop, saucy chicken wings! Now that's finger-lickin' good!