Spicy Pickled Prawns/ Achari Jhinga
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 6 tbsps cooking oil
- 2 medium red onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps ginger-garlic paste
- 3 green chilies, slit
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tsps red chili powder
- 2 tsps Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 tsp peppercorns, freshly crushed
- 6 tbsps vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp (fresh or frozen), cleaned,deveined and washed
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup cilantro/ coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the onions and sauté till light brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and green chilies. Sauté for another 5 minutes, till raw smell goes.
- Add the tomatoes, chili powders and freshly crushed pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes and mix well. Lower the heat to medium low and sauté for another couple of minutes, till the tomatoes turn completely mushy, to form a good masala base.
- Add the vinegar and sugar. Stir well for a couple of minutes and let it simmer.
- Add the shrimp. Mix gently to coat with the gravy. Season with salt and let the shrimp cook for around 5-7 minutes, till all the shrimp turn pink.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Recipe adapted from 'The Spice Adventures'.
Hello! I am a 'desi' girl, a spiritual being, an adventurer, a sugar addict, an ardent art lover, an aspiring fashion designer, a worrier for perfection, an audiophile, a movie ...Read more about this chef..
Like Us on Facebook!
An easy dish with prawns, guaranteed to hit all the...
Delicious, stovetop, saucy chicken wings! Now that's finger-lickin' good!